The series of Video Game Design 10, 11 & 12 courses develop your digital and creative skills to create full-featured computer games.
Expect to learn:
- 2D and 3D game creation using Gamemaker and Unity
- digital audio and sound effects using Audacity
- music loop creation with m-Audio Session
- digital graphic and sprite manipulation using Photoshop and Flash
- game design theory, video game history, level design, character development
- different game genre styles, as well as co-op and competitive multiplayer techniques
- artificial intelligence and game physics
With the aid of Gamemaker’s drag-and-drop game editor, programming skills are not required, but students have the option to learn program scripting as enrichment. Students will be encouraged to collaborate and work in teams, reflecting real-world practice. A large part of the course is dedicated to the development of a full-featured, media rich video game. Advanced topics include 3D game design with Unity.